Confused about the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA)?
I was too…until yesterday.
I’m not a lawyer, and not giving legal advice, but let me tell you what I did.
Here’s the super easy way to comply. I just bought Mariam’s CCPA legal template.
It only cost $47 and it made my life super easy. Mariam is a lawyer and based in California, so she knows what she’s doing. You just take the template and add the specifics to your business. She has a video to go along with it in case you have any questions regarding the specifics to enter.
Does this apply to you? Probably.
There’s a lot of confusion and misunderstanding out there. Some people think that you need to be doing over $25 million in sales for this to apply to you. While it is true that you those businesses do need to apply, there is also another requirement that applies to most bloggers.
If you use Google Analytics (which most of us do) AND get over 50,000 visitors or more a year (that means 4,166 per month…a pretty low threshold), then this applies to you. Those visitors can be from anywhere. As long as you have at least 1 visitor from California and 50,000 per year, this applies to you.
I don’t make these rules. I’m just reporting them.
But as I said before, it’s easy to comply with this new law if you follow Mariam’s template. By using her templates, it was easy and stress free. (I have too many other things to worry about and this should not be one of them). So I got it done pretty quickly and just moved on to my other blogger tasks.
The template just costs $47 and I was willing to pay that both to save time (my time is VERY valuable to me…especially over the holidays) and to have peace of mind.
Bonus: With the 2 pages I created, I “no-indexed” them on Google. I did this by going to Yoast and then clicking on the Advanced section at the bottom.
So I clicked the downward carat (which is circled above) and then it expands. In the sections that asks to show posts in search results, I changed it to “No.” (first arrow). There is a second q about should the search engines follow links, and honestly this doesn’t matter. I selected No as the only link it to an affiliate product. (of course I also used NoFollow tag as well).
Blogging resources to jump start your blog traffic and income
- Amazon – I love affiliate marketing on Amazon. For the last 2 months, I’ve been earning over $7,000/month just from Amazon. Here are 2 super helpful Amazon ebooks that allowed me to leap frog my previous results.
- Cracking the Code on Amazon – This is for beginners and really covers the types of articles you should be writing to drive Amazon commissions It’s for beginners.
- Niche Post Conversion Strategies – Seriously, I think this is the best ebook/course I’ve ever taken. I can not recommend this enough. You will not find these tips anywhere else. It skyrocketed my sales on Amazon.
- PINTERESTING STRATEGIES: – Pinterest is one of the easiest and most effective ways to drive massive traffic to your blog, especially if you are just starting out. I generally get 200,000 to 300,000 pageviews a month from Pinterest. If you want a jump start on how to use this amazing platform, check out Carly’s course. It is simply awesome. She is so down to earth and straightforward, and you’ll see that in her writing. I LOVE this course (it was formerly an ebook, but now it’s new and improved). Use PINNING5 for $5 off.
- SEO – As you know, I’m hugely into SEO and it has been the key to my success. I generally get 300,000+ SEO pageviews per month, and this traffic converts much better than Pinterest and other social media channels (especially when it comes to affiliate marketing, products and email sign ups. I estimate that every pageview from organic traffic is worth at least 3x as every pageview from Pinterest! Yes, 3 times as much! And, it’s much steadier, more sustainable and more passive. Check out my 2 SEO books.
- Affiliate marketing – I love affiliate marketing and have been earning $12,000/month just from affiliate marketing. I highly recommend Carly’s affiliate marketing course. It’s amazing and half the price of some of the bigger bloggers’ programs…and I think it’s much better, too. Use my exclusive coupon code (flooringgirl25) for a 25% discount.
- Email marketing – Learn from the master, Jennifer Maker. She has over 100,000 subscribers in around 2 years. She’s an incredible teacher. Her ListLove course is amazing. Or get started with her FREE email course here. (If you use my exclusive affiliate link above, you’ll get 25% off).
- Sponsored Posts – Sponsored posts can be a great way to supplement your income, especially during the first few years. Many just don’t even know where to get started or how much to charge or how to create a media kit or where to find the best sources. Well learn from a master, Tracie Fobes. She’s been doing this for 10 years! And, she charges well over $2,500 + per post. Her course comes complete with a media calculator and templates to set you up for success. Check out Sponsored Success here. She has a ponsored post calculator in there as well.
- Getting started/setting up your blog – If you’re a very beginner and need help in just setting up your site and getting everything set up, check out Tracie Richmond Fobes’ FREE intro course. She goes over all that critical stuff at the beginning that no one seems to cover, but everyone needs to know such as site structure, how to set up google analytics correctly and google search console, which plugins to use (and which to avoid). She is a wealth of information. (and she has may other courses that are soooo good).