If you work from home, your home office may be your pride and joy — or it could be time for a simple and cheap makeover. You’ll find twenty home office decorating ideas to spruce up your space and boost creativity if you’re feeling less than inspired lately.
There are quite a few benefits to having your own dedicated workspace if you’re a work-at-home entrepreneur. As a blogger, I’m positive that my home office plays a big role in my productivity level and positive mindset.
*This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Full disclaimer here.
It creates a positive mindset and enhances my productivity by leaps and bounds compared to sitting at my kitchen table. There’s something wonderful and inspiring about having a home office space of your own.
20 Home Office Ideas on a Budget
Whether you decide to spruce up the whole area or a few spots, these simple updates will help personalize your home office space from floor to ceiling.
Office Lighting Ideas
LED office lighting never looked so stylish. This column-style floor lamp adds an amazing calm glow to your home office. It’s warm yellow light will add a cheerful element to any home office.
The fabric can be wiped down for easy cleaning and dusting, and the LED bulbs are great for energy and money savings.
For more contemporary style, this twisted column-style floor lamp has a textured shade for added interest. What a fun lamp for a bit of whimsy in your workspace. It’s another great LED office lighting option that saves energy and looks great!
If you enjoy industrial modern styles, this office desk lighting has tons of character! Add a bit of metal and industrial flare to your home office setup with this lantern style fixture that gets rave reviews.
A real Himalayan salt lamp makes an amazing addition to any home office…just put it on your desk, or nearby, and soak up the gorgeous pink glow. You want real Himalayan salt, so watch for imitations. I’ve only linked to authentic and certified pink Himalayan salt lamps here.
The health benefits of Himalayan pink salt are said to include detoxifying the air in its vicinity and creating an awesome sense of calm due to the negative ions they emit. Think of that feeling after a walk in the woods… that’s negative ions at work. 😉
Office Decoration Items
One of the easiest ways to breathe new life into any area is to simply add some interest to your wall space. There are hundreds of home office decor ideas for creating visual interest by using hanging focal points in your office space.
Every home office could use a gorgeous clock. This oversized wall clock has a classic country French design. It comes in two different sizes with three designs to choose from. It’s also silent, which is a big deal to me. Ticking noises drive me nuts!
I absolutely fell in love with these fairy light wall sconces. Anything with mason jars is a favorite with me. For home office wall decor, these are particularly cheerful and warm. They really shine (get it?) as the perfect addition to your office walls!
These amazing glass hanging terrariums aren’t exactly for the wall, but they’re close enough. They add fantastic charm either hanging from the ceiling, rustic wall hooks, or you could try them against the wall with teacup hooks.
Adding plants to your home office space brings a bit of nature inside. The most popular plants to use with these are air plants…just my style, since they don’t need a lot of care!
Fairy lights with picture clips are another lovely option for home office wall decor. Create an amazing masterpiece of special memories and inspirational images with this awesome set!
You could display photos from favorite trips, family gatherings, beloved pets… and anything else that brings a smile to your heart.
Home Office Organization
We’ve seen some beautiful home office ideas on a budget to spruce up your area, and now it’s time to get organized. If you’re just setting up a workspace of your own, here are a few essentials that will help keep everything together and decluttered so you can stay focused.
Thankfully, most home office organizing supplies are budget-friendly as well. It depends on how fancy you want to get. 😉 On to the office organization tips so we can file away important papers and have everything we need at our fingertips.
Best work office organization ideas
Desk organizer ideas:
- If you’re short on desk space, this desk organizer tray has all you need with a mail holder, tray, and a 3-compartment drawer. It’s a stylish black mesh that goes with anything, and gets rave reviews from over 600 customers.
- Cool office desk accessories don’t get any cuter than this rose gold set! There are five pieces for functional desk organization, and it’s super cute and feminine.
Office Wall Organizers
- This wall-mounted document holder is a sturdy, neutral black mesh with five slots for organizing your paperwork, files, blog lists, tax information, etc. It will definitely save space on your desk, and it has a perfect five-star rating!
- You’ll love this fabulous and roomy over the door pocket organizer if you’re not into hanging things on your wall. This is such an incredible and EASY option if you just need to get organized NOW and don’t want to fuss with the hammer and nails!
- If you love that farmhouse style, this decorative wall file organizer will thrill your heart! It’s a bit more pricey (but not terrible), but I wanted to feature it anyway, in case you’re a super fan of the Joanna Gaines rustic style — like me! 😉
- Lastly, this huge chalkboard organizer wall unit is amazing! I don’t know about you, but I stay waaay more organized when I can write down my daily game plan and have it somewhere in plain sight.
File storage ideas
Many of us don’t have huge workspaces and need small office space ideas for good organization. While filing cabinets are nice to have, there are lots of file storage boxes that are portable and fit nicely under a desk, in a closet, or tucked in a corner.
- File storage containers never looked so good! This is a two-box set that looks expensive but it’s very budget-friendly. These file storage boxes are a stylish gray linen over sturdy board (as opposed to flimsy cardboard) with handles and lids.
- If you’re looking for sturdy and cheap, these cardboard file boxes come in a four-pack with a very stylish black and white paisley pattern. This is a great budget option if you want a basic decorative file box that looks classy!
- If you’d prefer a few plastic file storage boxes with lids that are portable, very durable, and waterproof, there are certainly plenty of those at budget prices as well.
- This black mesh hanging file storage box is a great solution if you just need a simple hanging file organization idea. Super budget-friendly, stylish, and great for a small space!
- For keeping papers organized, this paper file folder comes in a few different colors, has seven pockets, a zipper closure and the price is super budget-friendly!
- Last but not least, you’ll want some manila file folders — maybe in cute colors and patterns to add some cheer to the mundane job of filing things away properly! 😉
Speaking of filing things, you’ll want to stay on top of all income statements,invoices, and especially receipts used for any office supplies, decor, etc. This will help you get more back at tax time!
Hopefully these home office decorating ideas have given you plenty of inspiration to start putting your own personal stamp on YOUR business space. Whether you have an entire room to yourself, or you’ve carved out a cute little area for work… enjoy sprucing it up a bit without blowing your budget. 😉
Let me know what changes you made in your office space, and which of these ideas inspired you most!!
Please PIN and share!!